March 27, 2009

Wheel of Four'tune

I bought an used 8-spoke 15x7 CE28 Rays Engineering wheel through zth. The wheel came with Japan's 205/50/15 Bridgestone rubber which already cracked everywhere on the sidewall. Interesting that the wheels were painted red by the previous owner and the paint job was horrible. It's funny how the previous owner practice his awful painting skill on the wheel; seems like it has no value where it came from, but I have to pay RM1300 to get it (after negotiating like there's no tomorrow) . According to the seller, the car which these wheels were attached to back in Japan was an EG6, and that poor bastard (pardon me) crashed his car. This claim was quite making sense as I've found dried grass inside of the old tyre.

After few days consulting ideas from some forumers in zth, I decide to give the wheel a make over. Gold spokes with chromish-lip. I went to an engineering shop which also provide painting job somewhere in Sg Besi (oppossite the army airport). All the chirps on the wheels were repaired and lucky me, there was no serious dent on them.

The shop did a marvelous job. Strip the old paint, weld the chirped part, undercoat, paint, clear-coat, milling the lips.. and how much is costed me?? RM200. Big bang for buck.. every dime of it. Check out the pics below. They even do repair services for serious damaged wheels (broken spoke, dented into D-shape (?), bla bla bla. It's your call whether to use it back or, sell and let the new buyer bare the risk or, be a good boy throw it away at the scrap yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment