March 29, 2009

Get Exhaust'ed

I prefer a 'box' a.k.a 'hatchback style' muffler. They preserve the 'factory look' yet they do give some bling factory (provided if it was made from stainless metal) . After browsing a few autoparts forums for quite sometime; and occasionally went to junkyard, I saw one advertisement in zth regarding this FGK muffler. Being a JASMA cert-ed muffler, this is my insurance for me to keep enjoy listening to my radio or having a peaceful conversation inside the car rather than hearing nothing else but a deep and low howling exhaust tone all the time; commonly known for a canon type muffler. Met the seller at Puchong and that friendly chaps willing to part with this muffler for a very reasonable price. I was told the muffler was taken from an Integra DC2. He was using it on his 30 years old drift-becoming 2-door Toyota KE70; until the car was transplanted with 3T-GTE (turbocharged 1.8L DOHC 8-valve, twin spark plug). This muffler was paired with a 2.3" galvanized steel pipe with no resonator/midbox. To my suprise, it wasn't loud at all. Power delivery and throttle respond increased significantly (since I still on the factory 1.3L exhaust before this), and for the first time I can feel the 'pull' mainly after the cam switchover. Yey..

1 comment:

  1. Wheels are nowadays offers that special offers on select luxury wheels through its website. Each offer might differ from another and in regards to what wheel models it pertain.
    Mufflers

    ReplyDelete