March 29, 2009

Dying Coil Spring and the Rotten Lug Nuts

Starring VERY USANG CHEAP APM SPORTEC SPRING
and ROTTEN LUG NUT


Time DAMN EARLY IN THE MORNING
at DSP, Taman Bolton


Woke up early in Saturday morning just to get the coil spring replaced. I was the first customer.. well, normal people still asleep at this sort of time *sigh. I've already bought the new set of coil spring a day before so today was suppose to be just "Coil Swapping and Wheel Alignment" day.. but my feng shui turns it back on me.. *sigh again

There's a wise old sayin' "Shit happens".. and that exactly what this lug nut did to me. Took merely 15 min just to get this one piece of crap out of the wheel. To take out a loose nut isn't a pleasant thing to do. Too harsh, you might break the bolt at the wheel hub which the damn nut is stuck to. Too gentle, you might still doing it until midnight. I've checked my wallet to make sure there's enough $$$ to replace that rusty shitty piece of metal nut with the new one or else I have to walk about one mile to the nearest ATM teller. Lucky me, the new nuts does not cost too much. But still, grrrr..

The 'exhausted' old coil spring served me well for the past 5 years; on highways, 'ugly-surfaced' trunk roads, 'pekking' corners, potholes and occasionally some heavy big butt passengers at the back seat. For a cheap item, this coil serve me quite well with plenty of improvement in handling, except that the spring keep on sagging each year (clearly an indication of weak material being used)

After an hour and about 3 - 4 sticks of cigarettes worth of waiting time, all of the springs were already changed. A glimpse; I felt the car sits a lil bit lower than before. But I don't trust my eyes that much. Rabun ayam and buta kadang-kadang..

I wish I was wrong, but nooooooo. The newly fitted springs were too low at the front. My car height drop almost another inch at the front. This is a bad bad news to me as my extractor now hung even lower. My camber setting for the front wheel is -0.4 and -0.1 at the back. The test drive session later on shows that my car is TOO DAMN LOW and the extractor already have some new scratches on it. The so-called Rally Style a.k.a tonggek people always give their 'weird' look at me. Apparently I was sooo outdated to them. *still sighing..

The new lug nut..

Decorated by states speed hump

No comments:

Post a Comment