September 11, 2009

Teflon-based Shift Knob



I bought this knob on the same day with the coil buffer. I was tempted to get my hands on Ralliart knobs but since it's pretty hard to differentiate the fake one with the genuine, so I went for this much cheaper shift knob. It is made from teflon which is considered to be the most slippery substance that exists. Once cured, teflon-based plastic is very durable and since it wasn't made from steel, I won't burn my palm when trying to shift into gear in our globally warmed hot afternoon.

I don't know why, but I totally very was into the awesome white colour knob but somehow or rather end up with the black one. Compared with the OEM shift knob, the new knob is slightly smaller and way lighter. Removing the OEM knob was just a matter of turning it counter-clock-wise. The new knob fits perfectly. It comes with several sized inner thread to fit almost any shift lever.

The smaller and lighter gear knob has a little bit improved the shifting at some level. Unfortunately the notchy on 2nd gear hasn't been toned down. This is not strictly a 'performance' upgrade for the car though but after using the old knob for merely 7 years, I think it's about time for some changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment