June 7, 2009

Achtung Alarm

­It crossed to me from HowStuffWorks, the first documented case of car theft was in 1896, only a decade after gas-powered cars were first introduced. Can you imagine those crappy cars with wooden wheels which travels at jogging-pace got the interest of the thieves; imagine the car nowadays. Fully air conditioned, more ergonomic, systematic, aerodynamic with sportish mimic and so on, those thieves able to speed off your car faster than what they used to 100 years ago. Since I did the engine convertion 4 years ago, I'm was using the same and lame factory alarm; which actually went 'dead' last year. So I've opted for a new basic car alarm system which I hope able to discourage thieves from breaking or stealing my car.

I rated this China made alarm as 'better-than-none'. It has the function of arm/disarm, mute arm/disarm, trunk releaser (but need extra gadget for that), shock sensor, auto central door lock/unlock, rather complicated but not so functioning Code Hopping/PIN feature for the transmitter and some other else. Owh, it also came with Voice Command. Enable it and you'll get some lady voice saying "Arm" or "Disarm" kinda thing. Kinda cool if they come with a louder siren as it is quite slow or rather not loud at all. Installtion took almost 3 hours and the installer did a good job indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment